Slippery steps

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
The steps in my fiberglass pool are very slippery. The previous owners stuck some bathtub stickers on the edge of the pool which does help the traction there. Seems like a good idea, but not helpful for underwater.

I need to put in handrails, which may be the only helpful addition possible w/o draining the pool. Does anyone know of a way to provide some traction on those steps W/O draining??

Good idea. We use that on the pvc shower perches we make for parrots. Great grip. The steps need to be clean (no oily spots, dirt) and dry when applying or you will have areas lifting.

suction cup bath mat

I had the same thing. I went to walmart and purchased a clear bath mat with little bumps all over it and suction cups on the bottom. We feel its a big improvement on grip and seems to be staying put very well. Its been in the water 3 weeks and all is well. It cost me $5 and I cut it into three pieces for the steps. I can take a picture if that helps. Let me know.

Ls

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.