installing leaf net cover

Jul 31, 2009
Hi,

We are closing our pool this weekend and I have a question about the leaf net that we purchased. Is the leaf net suppossed to be suspended above the water so the leaves dry? If so, how do you pull it that snug and keep it there? It did not come with any installation directions.

Thanks for any tips!

I used just a leaf net cover for two winter seasons; that is without any other cover. It just floated on top of the water with weights around coping/decking. It doesn't have to be stretched very tight. The net caught virtually all of the leaves; LOTS. But don't expect it to keep any finer debris out unless you use it over another cover.

Because of dogs I had to make barriers around the pool as it would be deadly for any animal larger than a cat. It was fun to watch the birds drink from pool (one reason to not use borax) and, also, catch bugs all winter on or above the net. We have bugs all winter here. I even saw a few birds that I never see at the feeders.

It did a great job but was a real hassle to keep the dogs safe and not worry that they would find a way to the death trap.

If you use a regular cover under the leafnet (and the leafnet should just rest on the other cover, not be held taught across the pool), you are better off removing the leafnet, and it's catch, after all the leaves fall, but before it freezes into the water :idea:

Leafnets work very well, if you do as I just suggested :goodjob:

I do exactly as Ted suggested. Mine just went on yesterday. When all the leaves are down, the cover gets pulled off until springtime - just before we open there is a period of seed pod and heavy "cotton" pollen drop from some of our trees. I put the leaf net on, let if catch that junk and then pull it off again. It does not get on there tightly across to suspend it, just so that it lays on top of the other cover. A temporary tool only.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.