I finally joined today. I'd been reading the posts at poolforum for about a week and I think I've managed to clear out a horrible algae problem in only a few days, thanks to all the great advice I read on these forums. Everyone is still shocked that I managed to do it with my bottles of bleach. BF actually said...I can't believe you got that to work...I thought it was just another one of your "great ideas".
Now I'm scared to stop shocking. My FC was 4 last night and this morning, PH 7.4, CC 0, TA 60. The water is blue and has been since yesterday afternoon but still remains quite cloudy. I'm about to go out and vac. to waste and brush.
Here's my question...am I safe to maintain my chlorine levels now or should I continue shocking still? And if so...where does it end?
Thanks again and any suggestions are welcome. I only wish I'd found these forums three years ago when I ended up with a pool.