How long to wait after adding bleach and muratic acid

wmorton1 said:
How long should one wait to swim after adding a normal amount of bleach and muratic acid to maintain the proper level per the "Pool Calculator" ?
Well, if your signature is up to date ("Pump size and filter = TBD") I'd have to say the answer is until the day you install a pump and filter! :-D heh heh

If you have good circulation (multiple suction lines and returns lines) good turnover rate (or PSI at the filter) AND you're not in the midst of shocking your pool for mustard algae etc., I suspect that the acid and chlorine additions would be pretty well diluted in 15-30 minutes or less. My practice is to dump chems in the deep end with 100% suction at the main drain, wait 5 minutes or so, then split suction 50-50 between main drain and skimmer and start up everything that stirs the water: the auto pool cleaner, spa jets & water features. If the surface needs netting, I do that. Another five minutes I turn everything off (or down) and jump in. So far, no skin burns to complain about.

also never add muratic acid and cholrine to your pool at the same time. Always allow a min of15 minutes with the pump running between chemical additions.

MA and chlorine do not like each other :shock:

dmanb2b said:
also never add muratic acid and cholrine to your pool at the same time. Always allow a min of15 minutes with the pump running between chemical additions.

MA and chlorine do not like each other :shock:
Amen! :shock:

The general rule at our house, and the recommendation I give here, is to wait 30 minutes before swimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.