Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Double Cover?

1. Back To Top    #1

Double Cover?

The cover for my above ground pool came with a rip in one of the seams. The company I ordered from is sending me a new one and doesn't want the ripped one back. Any harm in putting both covers on my pool?
    12 x 24 AG in central NJ
    SD40 sand filter 1hp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Double Cover?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNJ
    The cover for my above ground pool came with a rip in one of the seams. The company I ordered from is sending me a new one and doesn't want the ripped one back. Any harm in putting both covers on my pool?
    Hi DavdIn NJ,
    There's no harm except for the hassle and possible back strain of removing both covers each time you're thinking of swimming... I don't know that there's any large benefit, either. Perhaps the outer cover will provide some UV/rain protection for the inner cover.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I think 2 covers would just make things more difficult if water gets between them. Use the damaged cover for parts, winch and cable etc. I would just use it as a regular tarp for something else.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the advice. I was concerned about getting debris between the two. Sounds like it's more trouble than its worth.

Thanks,
    Dave
    12 x 24 AG in central NJ
    SD40 sand filter 1hp