Ok To Run Pump/Filter Without Official Piping

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

As mentioned in other threads I just took out the concrete surrounding my pool area.

The piping was directly below the concrete (in some cases the concrete was poured into it) so it's completely unsalvageable. I planned to replace the piping and skimmers anyway, but until I get that done (may not start for 2 weeks) I'd prefer to run the pump and filter.

So, is it ok for me to just place the pump next to the pool with a pipe sitting in the water (and going into the pump), and have the filter attached next to it with just a pipe coming out of it going into the water.

No reason this should be an issue, right? If so, what if I put them farther away from the edge of the pool? That should resolve all issues, right?

Thanks!

No problem at all just make sure they can't "walk" into the pool. You might want to put them back far enough that that won't be an issue. You could use pipe or hoses just make sure that the suction hose is rated for that service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.