New home and pool owner

Sep 24, 2009
Spring, TX
My wife and I just bought our first home this friday the 18th. I do not have any details on what you ask for, but I do have a question. My wife and I were thinking of having someone come out and clean the pool the first time, and then we will up keep it from there.

Is there anyone in here from Texas, more specific the Houston area in Texas?

Thanks.

Sean, want to help them out? Do you still have your Pool Boy uniform? :mrgreen: :lol:
(sorry, ignore my stupid humor)

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Enjoy your new pool.... if you can't find someone to help you we can walk you thru it. :goodjob:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Sean, want to help them out? Do you still have your Pool Boy uniform? :mrgreen: :lol:
(sorry, ignore my stupid humor)

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Enjoy your new pool.... if you can't find someone to help you we can walk you thru it. :goodjob:

Yea it appears there is a lot of good info on this board. I just thought a good initial cleaning would be a good idea, then we could up keep it from there.

laurandavid09 said:
Is there anyone in here from Texas, more specific the Houston area in Texas?

Thanks.

Yes? If you are looking for recommendations for a pool service I'm afraid I can't help you there. I am my own pool person. Which part of Houston? I believe there are folks from Galveston to The Woodlands on here. Also seen a few from Katy!

What shape is the pool in now? Maybe you can invite all your new neighbors to a "mucking out" party!

As part of my home inspection, we paid Texsun Pools to come do a pool inspection. He spent a lot of time with me, pointing out this and that, showing me how to clean the skimmer...."what's a skimmer? how do I open it? clean with power off -- how do I turn power off? skimmer lid won't close, is there a trick? oh, it lines up there." He showed me how to judge when the filter might need cleaning, etc. Then, they were who I called for the first several things that needed attention, as there was a lot of little leaks in the beginning that the seller was to fix. They said there is a guy who will come do a "pool school" at your house, but I suspect that you will learn it all here and know more if you take the time to read old posts.

Otherwise, ask your neighbors, probably.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.