Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New home and pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New home and pool owner

My wife and I just bought our first home this friday the 18th. I do not have any details on what you ask for, but I do have a question. My wife and I were thinking of having someone come out and clean the pool the first time, and then we will up keep it from there.

Is there anyone in here from Texas, more specific the Houston area in Texas?

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New home and pool owner

Sean, want to help them out? Do you still have your Pool Boy uniform?
    (sorry, ignore my stupid humor)

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your new pool.... if you can't find someone to help you we can walk you thru it.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Sean, want to help them out? Do you still have your Pool Boy uniform?
    (sorry, ignore my stupid humor)

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your new pool.... if you can't find someone to help you we can walk you thru it.
    Yea it appears there is a lot of good info on this board. I just thought a good initial cleaning would be a good idea, then we could up keep it from there.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi laurandavid09 and welcome to the forum

There are more Texans on TFP than we can shake a stick at

FPM, that was too funny

As FPM stated, we can help you, just ask
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by laurandavid09
    Is there anyone in here from Texas, more specific the Houston area in Texas?

Thanks.
    Yes? If you are looking for recommendations for a pool service I'm afraid I can't help you there. I am my own pool person. Which part of Houston? I believe there are folks from Galveston to The Woodlands on here. Also seen a few from Katy!

What shape is the pool in now? Maybe you can invite all your new neighbors to a "mucking out" party!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

As part of my home inspection, we paid Texsun Pools to come do a pool inspection. He spent a lot of time with me, pointing out this and that, showing me how to clean the skimmer...."what's a skimmer? how do I open it? clean with power off -- how do I turn power off? skimmer lid won't close, is there a trick? oh, it lines up there." He showed me how to judge when the filter might need cleaning, etc. Then, they were who I called for the first several things that needed attention, as there was a lot of little leaks in the beginning that the seller was to fix. They said there is a guy who will come do a "pool school" at your house, but I suspect that you will learn it all here and know more if you take the time to read old posts.

Otherwise, ask your neighbors, probably.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

7. Back To Top    #7

I have a friend who owns a pool who is going to come over and help me get it all ready to go. I will let you know how that goes.