Valvue actuators question

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
Anyone know how they work? Looks like 3 wires. Common and one for moving the valve CW and CCW. I assume the limit switch just breaks the connection and that there is no feedback or position information?

I can't justify the large expense or time for hookup for a complete automation system. However, I did want to have remote push button capability to turn on the pump, heat and position the valves for either normal use or spa use (I've got a single pump for both). So would a 2 position rocker switch work, where one position sends 24v to one wire and the othe position sends 24v to the other wire?

Also, can you manually overide past limit switches? Say I have the limit switches set to trip at 0 and 90 degrees, can I then manually move the valve to 180?

lborne said:
Anyone know how they work? Looks like 3 wires. Common and one for moving the valve CW and CCW. I assume the limit switch just breaks the connection and that there is no feedback or position information?

I can't justify the large expense or time for hookup for a complete automation system. However, I did want to have remote push button capability to turn on the pump, heat and position the valves for either normal use or spa use (I've got a single pump for both). So would a 2 position rocker switch work, where one position sends 24v to one wire and the othe position sends 24v to the other wire?
I suppose so... Some actuators have orientation switches built in (one position, one direction. Other position, other direction.)

Also, can you manually overide past limit switches? Say I have the limit switches set to trip at 0 and 90 degrees, can I then manually move the valve to 180?
The stop points are adjustable by a locking cam and switch. (most manuf.) What brand of actuator were you looking at?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.