How fast will I blast thru the clorine

I believe the half-life of FC in noonday sun with CYA 0 is around 35 minutes. That number sticks in my head, anyway, although chem geek does throw around a lot of numbers. :)

That's full sun with no cover. Add your bleach in the evening and it should last all night, at least.
--paulr

rdkll said:
OK, so is there any way to make the test kit cya test to a finer degree?

Is this because you can fill the site tube all the way and still see the dot?

If so that just means you have less than 30 ppm and you should probably add some right away. Not much point in measuring it if it is that low.

rdkll said:
How do I add CYA so I dont overshoot............sounds reasonable....when you start to add it how long does it take to register....
If you have truly excellent circulation and water on the warm side, you can detect the increase in a few hours. But I've heard on this forum that it can take a week to fully register. You could try dividing the amount you want to add in two parts. Add 1 part now, wait 3 or 4 days, then add the 2nd part if needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.