Light Green Colored Water

hallo

Sep 20, 2009
Hello, I have a fiberglass in-ground pool with about 27000 gallons I would say in it, PH level is fine, Chlorine level is low and the pool looks a light green color. I use a Hayward Microclean DE 6000 Filter and run it from 930 am to 430 pm, and wake up the next day and I see the yellow algae built up on the stairs and sides of the pool. The filter runs between 20-30 psi [the arrow keeps changing throughout the cleaning up and down]. What would I need to bring the pool back to a more normal state?

Also, I would like to buy a better test kit, anyone know of one?

Welcome to the forum,
Your first step should be to read the Pool school (button top right) that will give you a greater understanding and there is a very good test kit available via the same link.
Read the information on algae prevention and cure as a priority

Hello, Hallo! (couldn't resist) Welcome to TFP :)

Recommend you punch up that big link the on upper right hand of this screen, modestly entitled "POOL SCHOOL." It will tell you much about what you need to know.

hallo said:
Also, I would like to buy a better test kit, anyone know of one?
Many individuals on this forum use one of the test kits described here: Test Kits Compared. And there are many who are quite experienced in dealing with problems w/pool water, etc.

Good luck.

Ditto to what polyvue said.

Regarding the green tinge and the algae, that's almost certainly because your chlorine is low. Chlorine gets used up some every day, and more when you have a problem like algae. You need to keep on top of that, pretty much every day. When you have your new test kit and you can provide us with a full set of test results, we'll be able to give more specific advice.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.