2 year Inground pool owner from N.C.

Dman40

May 31, 2018
Hickory, N.C.
Hello all. Just wanted to offer encouragement to those thinking about using this method of pool care. A little background for you. We had our inground pool built 2 years ago. Our builder assured us from the beginning that pool care was easy and all we really had to do was use a little EZ pool powder once a week, throw some pucks in the skimmer and we would be good to go minus any skimming and vacuuming. Of course my builder also owned a pool store in the area who would be happy to provide all the chemicals needed. Well, we had small spots of algae constantly. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get the pool water to my liking. After one season of this and a lot of money later, I found this website and read pool school. I told my wife that I thought we could try it and see. I applied what I learned towards the end of last summer and began to see some good results. I had a basic test kit and my cya was too high from all of the pucks. I did a partial drain and closed the pool for the winter according to this website. We opened the pool this spring to crystal clear water. I bought a Taylor K2006 Test Kit and using 10% liquid chlorine and we were off to the races. The water literally can’t be any clearer. So much so, that my parents have told their friends about it and I have steered them to this website. I told them that with good testing and this method, the only complaint I have is that our water is so clear I can literally see every single piece of debris that gets in the pool but I can live with that. So yes I got “pool stored” for a season but in the end , I have found this method to be quite easy to maintain and sooooo much cheaper. So I say go for it!