New Liner Instalation Questions

I have ordered a liner for my inground pool. I've never done something like this before
so I would like to get it right the first time. The guys we hired to put in a liner didn't seem to be
up to the task so after a couple of botched attempts including purchasing a rectangular liner
with square corners, mine has 4 foot radius corners, they returned our money and we have started over.

Does anyone know if a Kafco liner comes with instructions that explain what seals and gaskets are expected?
I have in my pool house a pile of gaskets and fittings etc. but I don't want to trust that just because something is not there I don't need it. I have three return lines (one for the Polaris 380), a main drain, one skimmer on the side
and the stairs to seal up. On the two returns that are not for the Polaris rubber seals are permanently
attached to fittings. The one for the Polaris does not have one but I have one loose that looks like it.
I appear to have two rubber seals for the skimmer, and several long rubber strips for the fittings that
cover the stair junction. The main drain the other guys had installed so I think I know how it is supposed to go.

Is there some kind of caulking or sealant I should be using at the steps to the pool?
I can see where it would appear that the last seal was glued in or sealed with some kind of liquid something.
Anyone know what that something ought to be?

The new liner is supposed to come this morning so I am in the last minute thinking stages trying to be prepared.
Thanks for any helpful hints from those who have done it themselves. Danny

Attachments

• Detail.jpg
    Detail.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Stairs.jpg
    Stairs.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 175
I do not have enough experience to help with your steps.....my liner covered my built-in steps.

I have installed my liner twice and can offer the following. Have plenty of help. The pros may do it with two or so but lots of extra hands is almost mandatory. 4-6 people on a normal size pool is not too many.

I would also have more than one shop-vac. I had three on my very large pool and would suggest two as a minimum. It's hard work but if you proceed carefully, the results will be very rewarding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.