Is is possible to get algae out of the portable stairs?

skydiva44

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2009
Houston, Texas
I was in the middle of shocking the pool because of algae, I left it in the good hands of my DH for 24 hours while I was out of town, he kept up with the procedure but didn't notice the algae on the stair steps that were in the water or the fact that the skimmer was totally popped out of the water....so it was NOT circulating for possibly 24 hours. I've never had such visible growth on the steps, should I throw them away or can I scrub with a brush and bleach? I have removed them from the pool for now. Thanks!

Get a pump up garden sprayer (new) and use 1 part bleach to 2 parts water to spray down the ladder and scrub it with a soft bristle brush. Be sure to turn the ladder on its side so you can scrub the underside as well. Lots of nooks and crannies under there! I like to use a car wash brush with a square head and a long handle. The soft bristles will prevent scratches that give algae new places to hide! Rinse the ladder well and air dry. Label your new pump up sprayer "bleach" and you can use it whenever you need to clean something moldy/mildewy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.