New Unusual Above Gound Build

prudat

Jun 23, 2018
Louisville/KY
Long time lurker on these forums, We bought an older home a few years ago and I'm trying to plan a self install for a pretty challenging backyard. I am including a couple pictures of the space and where we would like to put it.

To give you a reference the pop-up pool is 10x16. The space is 13.1ft wide and 75ft long. The retaining wall is about 56”. I think we are looking at a max pool size of 10x24. that gives me 3ft of clearance in between the wall and the house.

We would have an option to dig out the second tier (in the circular area) but we get almost zero sun there and would constantly fighting leaves and junk. the pop up pool has allowed us to see that this size would be good for us.

We are pretty sure we want an above ground because:
  • It would be warmer (we don't get a lot of sun)
  • It is much cheaper, I am trying to keep the build under $20K and am looking at doing a deck as well.
  • I think I could take it up to be even with the retaining wall, allowing me to use that second tier (the bushes will be cut down). We do not use this space now

I have found a lot of pools in that size but they all have small issues. Clearance around the pool for buttresses is the biggest issue.

Pools we are considering.
AquastarMI, Fox Ultimate Pool, Hercules Pool (swim pool discounters), Dolce Evita by Splash (currently discontinued, but I have found one), or decking a Splash Soft pool (I have seen a couple Intex builds on here that have inspired me).

Pools I don't think are possible again mostly due to clearance.
Radiant Pools, Doughboy, general above ground 12ft oval pools (too many to name), Kayak, Admiral Walk, Wilkes.

My questions/concerns,
  1. Is it okay to put a pool on the patio?
  2. Is it okay to put a pool that close to the house?
  3. I don’t want to hurt the integrity of the concrete retaining wall but I would like to put the pool as close as possible to that wall.
  4. Any hidden gem above ground small pools, preferable rectangle (but oval as well), that anyone is aware of?

Thank you for your time.

Link to images
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W7BupmCvpf42j0wu5dTRqKR1YnBjwZTM/view?usp=sharing

HI and Welcome! There are a couple of things that stand out to me that you will have to check on:

-That close to the house....the windows are what worry me the most about that. It may be against code. You will have to do some calling and checking around to see about that in your area.

The patio-the thing to find out is how thick is it and how is it reinforced? Is it tied into the house foundation?

That should get us started. I will wait for your answers.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.