Chat feature

polyvue

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2009
Sacramento, California USA
Well, I've gone crazy trying to find the chat room (or toolbar link to initiate a chat session.) Does anyone else use chat? (I'm pretty sure this feature exists since I've found a number of posts referencing a chat room and toolbar. See http://www.troublefreepool.com/don-t-forget-we-have-a-chat-feature-t1481.html for example.) Perhaps if I log off for a few minutes and log back on it will magically appear! :lol:

JasonLion said:
The chat system is long gone. It almost never got used, so we removed it.
Too bad. But at least now I know not to waste my remaining eyesight trying to locate some obscure link! :cyclopsani:

Please don't remove Pool School (or ability of guests to read posts)... it's useful to have a same-site reference covering the precepts of pool maintenance, even if it doesn't get read as often as it should. There are competing sites that have similar schools, but most of them are not as informed, and many I've read merely repeat conventional pool chemistry do's and don'ts. E.g., DO CLEAN YOUR POOL, DON'T MIX CHEMICALS TOGETHER, MAINTAIN 1-2 PPM CHLORINE

Encouraging folks not to "chat" but to post for others to read was the idea behind ditching it, I think.

No one ever really did that anyway but we always want to encourage people to post their issues.......not send PM's to responders or get involved in a chat.

Don't worry about Pool School....it's probably been the most notable feature added to the forum since we started. It'll always be there and will frequently be improved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.