earthworm attack

I was also plagued by earthworms - dozens in the pool every morning. Along with mole crickets, grasshoppers, june bugs, spiders, ants, and other associated insects. I finally got completely fed up and put out a heavy dose of lawn insect killer - turned out be one of the best ideas I've had this summer. I used to get moles digging tunnels underground and armadillos digging holes everywhere. Since I put out the insecticide I haven't had any of those problems.

I used to have this problem every time it rained. Hundreds of worms in the pool. I noticed the water would build up between the edge of the concrete and the grass and form a "moat" around the pool. This moat would drown any worms living there. The earthworms start climbing uphill, across the sloped concrete, until the reached the highest point (pool edge) and drop into the pool.

I dug a small ditch to drain the water out of the moat and the most I have seen after a long rain is two worms.

Put on a rain coat the next time you have a good rain and watch where the water collects. If it collects near you pool figure out how to drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.