ich-40 power light red

maryod

Sep 18, 2009
Have had ICH-40 SWG for 3 years and it has worked flawlessly. Today power light turned red, all other lights green. including cell life. It runs 6 hrs per day, 40% output. Manual says it needs to be serviced, but doesn't say what the problem could be. Any ideas? Thanks.

A few things come to fore from perusing the IC-40 User guide... some of them not too likely, however.

Things to rule out:

• a. very cold (50 degree F.) water
    b. a system controller glitch with the IC-40 or the Easy Touch contoller - try cycling the AC power to effect a reset of the system
    c. odd water chemistry (extremely high total dissolved solids, salt, metals, pH) - post water test results to get feedback on this
    d. blades need cleaning - inspect inside cell, clean w/muriatic acid solution per instructions
    e. malfunction in IC-40 cell or controller - you'll probably need Pentair support to diagnose

Others on this forum may be able to offer advice based on experience with this model.

Re: ich-40 power light red--Problem solved!

Much to my amazement I was able to solve the problem (without a service call from my friendly pool guy). It's been raining a lot in South Florida and I add 40# of salt whenever the yellow light goes on. This morning SWG was flashing green indicating too high a level of salt so I added some water -- no change. I unplugged the unit from the power supply and removed the cell from the plumbing--the blades looked great. Reassembled and plugged in; Power light went back to green. The yellow salt level is on but pool tests real good for chlorine. I'll take water in to pool guy tomorrow and give the SWG 24 hours to decide if it's really low on salt again. Thanks to polyvue and frustratedpoolmom. I'm smiling!

maryod said:
Much to my amazement I was able to solve the problem (without a service call from my friendly pool guy).
Isn't it a great feeling when you do something simple and it actually works?! :)

maryod said:
I'll take water in to pool guy tomorrow [...]
You may wish to invest in a drop-type test kit so you can do your own testing. (See Test Kits Compared) You'll thank yourself in the long run.

Welcome to TFP... hope to hear more from you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.