Where to buy solar panel kit? For DIY installation

I have tried searching the forum but not finding a direct answer. We are building a in ground pool ( in permitting now). I am doing a few things my self in order to keep the costs down. One thing I would like to do is install the solar heater myself. However, I am not having much luck finding a good source to purchase an entire kit.

If anyone has done this themselves, can you recommend where to buy an entire kit?

I am looking for 8-10 4x12 panels, all mounting hardware, vacuum release valve, and control system with automated 3 way valve.

Thanks! I have learned so much from this site.

Last edited:
I am doing much the same thing, except I guess I have more room. Basically, right now it's looking like 4 panels on Amazon, a Hayward GL-235 controller, a bypass valve, and a small pump. The panels I'm finding are 2x20. I had the pool builder "stub for solar". They trenched up to the solar site, installed two water pipes and an electrical conduit.

A local solar vendor quoted me $12K for a turnkey system. I figure I can put it together for less than $1500. One simplification - I am planning to simply lay my panels on the ground. The will be on a hill which faces southwest - a pretty good solar direction.

- Jerry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.