Jun 22, 2018
PA
FC = 3
CC = 0
PH = 6.8
CH = 100
TA = 170
CYA = < 20 can't detect

Been reading through this site for about a week and now figured I would ask for some help. Right now I am trying to aerate to increase PH. If I add borax I am afraid it will increase TA too much. Any thoughts?

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Keep aerating! With that high of TA your pH should rise quite rapidly.

Might want to add some CYA. Really helps hold FC during the daylight hours.

Take care.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Keep aerating! With that high of TA your pH should rise quite rapidly.

Might want to add some CYA. Really helps hold FC during the daylight hours.

Take care.

Thank you that is what I was hoping, but was not sure. I do have to buy some CYA. I only had a little from a pop up pool I had but not near enough and some left over pucks I have floating in there right now until I get to store. Is the TA too high though even when I do get the PH to go up. And when you say "rapidly do you mean like a day or a week?

TA will come down as you maintain your pH in the 7's. Unless the pH rises rapidly (in a day or two) requiring acid then you might consider pushing it down.

I would check pH every day when you test FC. Then when you understand your pool chemistry characteristics, you can back off on the frequency of testing.

TA will come down as you maintain your pH in the 7's. Unless the pH rises rapidly (in a day or two) requiring acid then you might consider pushing it down.

I would check pH every day when you test FC. Then when you understand your pool chemistry characteristics, you can back off on the frequency of testing.

Tonight's results:

FC=2.5

PH=8.2

TA=90

CH=100

CYA < 20

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.