motor hot

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
Was just looking at pump/filter to try to find some data I need. Had to reach down to brush aside some dust on what I think is the motor (not technically inclined as you can tell!) and it felt very hot to touch..as in, I wouldn't want to leave my hand on it for a long stretch of time. Is this normal? I assume it should be warm, but this seemed hot....

spf30 said:
Was just looking at pump/filter to try to find some data I need. Had to reach down to brush aside some dust on what I think is the motor (not technically inclined as you can tell!) and it felt very hot to touch..as in, I wouldn't want to leave my hand on it for a long stretch of time. Is this normal? I assume it should be warm, but this seemed hot....
I think the high surface temp of the housing is pretty typical. My main filter pump is always hot to the touch (though I doubt I could fry an egg on it!) :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.