Worried, new build liner install

Dcookster

Silver Supporter
Apr 23, 2017
Stafford Va
3A44FACE-ED42-446D-95D8-BB6B910A8F8C.jpg3349AAB2-776C-4E97-B480-6B031A8F3ADC.jpgEF5B8537-BF15-4F32-ACA8-D8D9AF2F4A51.jpgI didn’t get my liner installed quite right, some what tight and twisted on one end while the other end is laid out nice but can’t seem to get the rinkles out. My issue now is it’s been raining like crazy since I stopped last night and now my cutout for pool install is like a moat while the inside is continues to fill. Where to start or don’t do anything till this rain goes away? Worried about sand inside the pool, it should stay put right? Should I pump out the water around the outside asap? I was told I should of installed the liner on one of the curved sides and the do the other curved side saving the straights for last? So tired of all this rain! Please share any advice, thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply Kim, I pumped out the moat but didn’t get the inside pumped out. I’ll do that first thing in the morning. Hope my liner didn’t get damaged by being stretched in the wrong prosition. Temps were no higher then 70 today which it drizzled most of the day after the heavy rains this morning, maybe a good 2 1/2 inches of rain fall.

A6E21546-B209-479E-B7F7-5CDD3A2F7AEF.jpg

Hey there, I finally got it done, just a few my top caps and it’s finished then on to pump filter and electrical. Couple questions, how long do I keep shop vac running while filling? Also how long will it take with 2 garden hose to fill up to skimmer? Thanks David

Well look at that! You did it! What was the trick to make look that good?

Shop vac-keep it going until the water is a couple of inches under the shop vac hose. You want to be able to pull it out!

How fast?? Depends on your water pressure. Sorry for the non-answer.

Kim:kim:

Got’cha, the trick was the 2 seams down the middle of liner, splitting between my end uprights while placing one of the curve sides on first then doing the other curve side saving the straights for last. Thank you Kim

I'd say under a day with a standard hose. You can fill a 5 gallon bucket and then divide that by your 12k gallons and see an @.

It took about 23hrs, I stopped a few inches before the skimmer and return jet. Now here’s a big question, I haven’t had time to cut liner for return jet and skimmer so there is no water circulating yet. What should I do to keep water from getting green. About how many gallons of bleach should I dump in to hold me over for a day or two? Haven’t learned the testing kit yet either. Only test I’ve done is chlorine/PH the chlorine matched a 1 and the PH matched 8.2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is your new favorite pool tool: Pool Math LOVE it! Does all of the thinking work for you!

I would also think about putting in some CYA (stabilizer) You can put it in a sock and walk around in the pool squeezing the sock to get it all dissolved and in to the water. That will help keep the sun from burning off all of the FC. Use the pool math app and only add enough to get you to 30 to start with. We might add some more later once the pool is up and running. Don't bother tested for it as it has to be added.

Kim:kim:

You probably need a 1/2 gallon of 8.25% bleach right away twice a day until you get some CYA in the water you are going to burn that off very quickly so test frequently. Then probably 1/2 gallon a day moving forward once your CYA stabilizes.

I could only find 6% bleach from WalMart made day 172 18 Does stabilizer go bad, since I’ll be needing it on the regular how much does one keep on hand for the season? Thanks for all the tips

Stabilizer should be as close to 100% Cyanuric acid as possible. You can get 25lbs on ebay for under $50 (see below). I don't think it goes bad and you don't add it on a regular basis. It breaks down very slowly you add it once and it is good for at least a season. You may need a slight top-off from season to season or if you have a lot of splash out.

Cyanuric Acid Stabilizer Conditioner for Swimming Pool Water | 25 lbs 600291951243 | eBay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.