Oh! one more question....

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
When we replaced our liner this spring, we found a bunch of the "caps" on the top rail had been broken - the piece of plastic that the screw goes into broke off, so the screws now don't reach far enough. Can I order new caps? Or just use longer screws (some of them may not even have enough of the plastic left with thread though!)

Also, a couple of the top rail sections are cracked. When should I replace those (assuming I can get replacements)? Now, or wait until spring? Do I have to have the water drained halfway or all the way or can I do it when the pool is full (I'm guessing no on the last option)?

Thanks!!

Depending on the age of your pool you may want to start looking for your caps now. We needed some last year and had to shop for them. When we found them it took a few weeks for them to come in. Some places wont order them in advance until you pay for them up front. Its a good idea to take one with you when you go looking and know either your pool manufacturer or the name/style of the pool.

I should have ordered extra when we found our but didnt, now we need more .....

Mine were like $7.00 each if I remember right ....... Good luck !

I just purchased four for, I think, 7 bucks each also.

You can get parts, if you desire, for your Artesian pool straight from the source. Here's an order form and directions in PDF format from http://www.swimartesian.com

Also, if you want to repair it and have the little plastic piece to glue back on, you might want to try a product called Plast-Aid. I've used it before a couple of times, and it's wickedly strong stuff! Just don't get the glue in the threads, you'll probably break it again when you put the screw in. Lemme see if I can find the website...

Too simple... http://www.plast-aid.com

Good Luck!

You're quite welcome!

As for your other questions, you should be able to replace a top rail without draining any water. Just replace one at a time, and you'll be ok. I would order them now, and replace them in the spring.. Unless they're in real bad condition. It can sometimes take a while to get the parts you need, as Les mentioned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.