New Geometric Owner Build in Orlando

Moving on!

Plumbing was mostly completed yesterday, just waiting on the inspections. Also, the plumber installed our equipment pad too close to our gate into the backyard and will be relocating it further down the side of the house. He was quick to offer to fix it, so no harm, no foul.

Qk6KoT4.jpg

pqlFHBl.jpg

alK72xM.jpg

Next up after these inspections and the trenches are all backfilled will be the patio footer, tile, water features, deck then plaster!

UPDATE TIME!

So there has been a ton of small movement over the past few weeks, but nothing major to write home about or show off. That is, until this week.

We finished up all the plumbing inspections and underground work, and then it was on to pouring the screen footer and having the tile installed. The concrete crew I hired was top notch and did an amazing job on the screen footer. It is a shame everyone looks at me like I'm insane when rambling on about how well it came out.

On to the pictures!

Monday of this week the guys came out to go over the plan, dig the trench required by the footer (12" of it has to be below grade) and lay up the forms. We also had the tile guy come by on Tuesday to prep the top of the bond beam for the tile work this week.

Bbn96vp.jpg

3vDaSx0.jpg

I got out there this week between inspections to add the bonding jumper (later found out they would have gladly done this for me) and to add 1" conduits in the column locations for low voltage lighting and a second 1" conduit for the two middle columns so I can pull a drip irrigation line if we decide to put a planter on top. Today was the big pour and also had the tile guy working through his install.

ThpuU8n.jpg

h7YuGyK.jpg

KTwUnoB.jpg

And lastly a close up of the bling!

ip3fPhk.jpg

Up next will be the construction of the water effect columns and burying a gas line conduit for a fire pit on the deck. I've also got to start making headway on the installation of the electrical equipment by the filtration pad since we are a few short weeks from the pebble finish and will need the equipment up and running for the fill. The travertine will also be going in on 12/10.

I can see why you are so excited about the footers! That was very well done! You can tell they really cared about how it would look in the end.

Now that BLING!!! Oh that is so pretty! SIGH hold on while I go look at it again............................so pretty! THANKS for sharing!

Kim:kim:

That bling is beautiful!

I can see why you are so excited about the footers! That was very well done! You can tell they really cared about how it would look in the end.

Now that BLING!!! Oh that is so pretty! SIGH hold on while I go look at it again............................so pretty! THANKS for sharing!

Kim:kim:

I am in Orlando and have the same bling but the 1". Good choice!

What a beautiful pool!! Looks like you picked some awesome subs!

Thanks for the compliments!

Tile was completed on Saturday with the edge tiles placed on the steps and sun shelf. Ended up having the grading sub come back out on Monday to perform final grading in preparation for the decking to be installed. I've got a little bit of work to complete before the deck gets started next week, but we're moving right along.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update!

Worked yesterday on the water bowl and waterfall columns. Needed to get them started so the travertine installer can butt up against them. The middle two columns are going to get an extra course of block and the waterfalls installed this weekend. Ran out of light yesterday to finish.

fGzp80R.jpg

5wzzGIg.jpg

Also got the trench dug and conduit in for the future natural gas line for a firepit out on the deck. For now we will just install the deck over the top of the stub up, but if/when the pit gets installed we can pull up one piece and pull in the gas line.

3hfhf7Y.jpg

KXkbW0h.jpg

Travertine gets delivered tomorrow, and got an update that the coping and perimeter pieces will be installed either Monday or Tuesday, but by the end of next week our deck will be complete.

What was your depth requirement for the gas line? We were planning on running an LP line which would have been 115' but by code in our county it could not run under the decking, it had to go all the way around the footer and then only under the decking in line with the kitchen, and i think it had to be a 20" trench. :mad:

What was your depth requirement for the gas line? We were planning on running an LP line which would have been 115' but by code in our county it could not run under the decking, it had to go all the way around the footer and then only under the decking in line with the kitchen, and i think it had to be a 20" trench. :mad:

The gas line conduit is 12” below finish floor under the deck and 18” below finish grade to the meter on the side of the house. We are able to run under the deck since we used a conduit so the line will always be accessible by pulling it out if needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.