AquaComfort Heat pump acting weird

Jul 24, 2015
STAMFORD, CT
Hey Everyone,

I feel like i've been posting a lot lately. Usually i find everything through search, but once again came up empty handed. Just looking for some thoughts. i have a Aqua comfort MBP-125h heat pump. its old but works. I bought it off a cousins friend for $200, he supposedly used it for a week but couldn't stand how loud it was next to the pool, and how long it took to heat the pool up.

So i have it installed and it does heat the pool. went from 58 to 85 in 4 days, pretty good if you ask me. The issue i'm running into is the heat pump doesn't seem to want to turn off when the pump stops, i think that might be ok, i think that's overload protection, but wanted to confirm, it usually runs for another 3-10 minutes then shuts off. It also stops a lot then says defrost then goes into a stage called LP obviously for low pressure. i then have to restart or wait a while for it to start working again. the biggest mystery to me, is when i go from standby to heat with the pump not even on, the pump fan starts spinning and it seems like it's trying to heat the pool with the pump not on. Also, the pump could be off, along with the heater being off, and i could try releasing pressure from the filter, and as soon as i open the valve and water comes out the heat pump starts right away. It's almost like it needs no pressure at all to start the heater in certain situations.

The heater is below the waterline like all of my equipment. i do not want to damage the heater, so i turn it on manually after i start the pool now, and try to make sure i turn it off before the pump shuts down for the day.

Does any of this sound normal to anyone? if not what could the issue be, and is there anything i can do to pinpoint the issue? I know this model has some adjustment piece for the pressure of the pressure switch, should i try adjusting it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.