Adding CYA

Lorelai

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2014
Hulmeville, PA
Do you think either of these bags would work for adding CYA? I follow the method of hanging it in front of the return.

I have used a sock in the past but they would leak.

Attachments

• 20180621_011331.jpg
    20180621_011331.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20180621_010547.jpg
    20180621_010547.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 81
I found a white cotton athletic sock worked best although it took the longest to disolve.

I think those bags will leak CYA before it is fully dissolved.

I’m a heathen, simply mix w water in bucket and pour into the pool. Works for me. Figure shock is mostly cya and you simply mix w watef and pour in......
CYA is an acid, it’s not wise to leave an acid sitting on the bottom of the pool.

Anytime I’ve tried to dissolve CYA in water it would take forever, and I would give up before it would all dissolve.

The sock method is the most trouble free way I’ve found to add CYA.

I agree that those mesh laundry bags will be to course and let undissolved CYA escape. I always use a sock, never had one leak unless it had a hole in it.

This is the best thing to use. If you tie a knot loosely it comes off easily and these can be reused.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071ZHWNVW/

71SD3rOWNeL._SL1248_.jpg

I use a pair of cheap white knee-hi's from the drug store. I put one inside the other because one by itself just rips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.