Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: trying to figure out my plumbing

1. Back To Top    #1

trying to figure out my plumbing

Guys,

I bought a foreclosed house with a nice pool in May and learned alot about pools in general from TFP. Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out my pool plumbing and have some questions.

The pool has 2 skimmers, 6 drains, and 3 returns. One set of 2 drains is on the bottom of the pool (pool main drain??). The 2 other sets are on the side walls. I'm guessing one of the set is for my water feature? But I have no idea what the other set of 2 drains are for. Any Ideas???
    25,000gal Inground Plaster Pool
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFE-6 1.5HP X 3
    Pentair Clear and Clear Plus Cartridge 420
    Pentair MasterTemp 300,000 btu Heater
    Compu-Chlor Super Salt System

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: trying to figure out my plumbing

If they are under your skimmer, than they are probably an equalizer that works in conjunction with your skimmer.

3. Back To Top    #3

One set is above the main pool drain in the deep end. Other set is kinda near the skimmer but still 6-8 feet away from it.
    25,000gal Inground Plaster Pool
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFE-6 1.5HP X 3
    Pentair Clear and Clear Plus Cartridge 420
    Pentair MasterTemp 300,000 btu Heater
    Compu-Chlor Super Salt System

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool, spa, water feature, vanishing edge; what do you all have? How many pumps? That would help us figure it out.

Sounds like a set for the main drains in the bottom, possibly an equalizer set up for the second skimmer and the pick ups for a water feature. One set could also be a return from solar or some type of deep water heat return perhaps.