TA or CH for SWG?

pcmacd

Oct 3, 2010
Maricopa County, AZ
I've been using the methods outlined on this site to bring my TA down from around 160++ to 80!

It took a pool full of 32% HCL to do it, but I'm on a roll here.

ASIDE: Home Depot has some awesome "water features" that are excellent for aerating pool water, less thatn $15 delivered to your local store (not usually a stocked item):

Waterfall Fountain-30701 - The Home Depot

My CH does not seem to be moving. Either that or my test technique is not so hot.

I suspect that it is the CH that is important to keep the SWG from fouling?

Please tell me it is the TA!!!!

I'm 1/5 owner of a shared well, and can't fill my pool from it just because. I hate to spend $~600 to change the water out so I can use my SWG again. The pool is less than three years old, but we get serious evaporation in greater PHX in the summer, and the make up water is around 250 CH.

I guess it does not take long for the CH to go over the horizon. Perhaps I'll wait until the "Monsoon Season", when I'll likely have to pump water out of the pool, and see where I am at that time. August is only two months away. And, dudes! IT RAINS HERE!!!!!

The storms run north up the Sea of Cortez along the Colorado River, and spread out all over Arizona.

It ain't a "dry heat" in August, here, guys!

mac

CH won't change with acid. It also won't go down without water replacement with lower-CH water. CH will climb as water evaporates and you refill it, unless you refill from a water softener.

You can maintain your pool's chemistry with very high CH. A bunch of us do it. It only gets really difficult when CH is above 800.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.