New to Saltwater pools

Hello Melissa and welcome! :wave: Since you're new to our site AND to pools, you need to learn a few things the RIGHT way so you don't get pulled off course by bad advice. So please review and do the following for us (and you):
- Review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry page. Also review and save those Vital Links below in my signature; you'll use them often.
- Update your signature as well with all of your pool and equipment info. See mine as an example below.
- Make sure you are testing your water with either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit (link below). That is absolutely critical. Test strips and pool store testing fails by comparison.
- The following links should also help:
-- Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators
-- Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
-- Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

If your pool was just filled, and you know the water is clear, clean, with NO signs of algae or cloudiness, I want to emphasis the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. That's what you refer to everyday to make sure you have the right CYA level (70 minimum for SWG pools) and corresponding FC. That will keep the green monster away.

Review all of those things and let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to the world of pool ownership! :swim:

- - - Updated - - -

Once you have the proper test kit, post a full set of test results and we'll walk you through those as well. :)