Green Stairs and Green Thermometer

May 8, 2017
York
Hello Everyone!

My pool chemicals have been maintained and regularly tested since opening (with a new liner and re fill). The water is crystal clear and everything looks great. The issue i am having is a light green film that forms around the water line of the white stairs and is on anything white at the water line. It almost feels sticky when trying to wipe if off. I am sure someone has experienced something like this before so i figured i would see what everyone has to say.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Todd

Todd, that sounds a bit like a scum line. We all get them from time to time. Dark (mine usually look black), very gummy and tough to rub-off. You can try a diluted mixture of bleach & water with a nylon brush to get it off. If that doesn't work, some people like to use a Magic Eraser. As with all products, test in a small discrete area first to ensure you are pleased with the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.