Viking Pool cleaner

klynch

Sep 16, 2009
I'm hoping to find some help in choosing a pressure side cleaner for our new pool.
We are still installing it, a 12,000 gallon Viking fiberglass pool, and are trying to decide which pool cleaner would work best for us. We live in the desert, small grains of sand and dirt are our biggest problems when it comes to debris in the pool.
We decided on a pressure side cleaner.
I was told by a Viking manufacturer representative that an additional booster pump would not be necessary in my case as we have a programmable variable pump.
He also told me a cleaner with a tail would work best as we have a ledge that goes around most of the pool.
I've read many reviews about the different types, but no one who is giving these reviews seem to have the same kind of pool as me. I understand a gunite pool is harder to clean so I was hoping to find someone who also has a Viking fiberglass pool and see what they recommend.

Thank you.
KLynch
12K gal.
intelliflo vs-3050 variable speed pump
sta-rite cartridge filter
intel-chlorine generatort

klynch said:
We decided on a pressure side cleaner. I was told by a Viking manufacturer representative that an additional booster pump would not be necessary in my case as we have a programmable variable pump.
If you don't plan on using a booster pump there are a couple of pressure-side cleaners related to those Scott listed that you might want to consider. Whether they will work as optimally as the booster-pump models for you depends on the physical layout of the pool and sufficient pressure at the dedicated cleaner line return. Both cleaners have a pretty good reputation; and both are priced about $550 (at Pool Plaza -- you may be able to beat the price elsewhere.) Tails, too. :)

Pentair Legend II (LX5000G)

http://www.poolplaza.com/P-LET-20-209.html

Polaris 360

http://www.poolplaza.com/P-POL-20-520.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.