Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Viking Pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Viking Pool cleaner

I'm hoping to find some help in choosing a pressure side cleaner for our new pool.
    We are still installing it, a 12,000 gallon Viking fiberglass pool, and are trying to decide which pool cleaner would work best for us. We live in the desert, small grains of sand and dirt are our biggest problems when it comes to debris in the pool.
    We decided on a pressure side cleaner.
    I was told by a Viking manufacturer representative that an additional booster pump would not be necessary in my case as we have a programmable variable pump.
    He also told me a cleaner with a tail would work best as we have a ledge that goes around most of the pool.
    I've read many reviews about the different types, but no one who is giving these reviews seem to have the same kind of pool as me. I understand a gunite pool is harder to clean so I was hoping to find someone who also has a Viking fiberglass pool and see what they recommend.

Thank you.
    KLynch
    12K gal.
    intelliflo vs-3050 variable speed pump
    sta-rite cartridge filter
    intel-chlorine generatort

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Viking Pool cleaner

Pentair Legend or Polaris 280. 'nuff said. Durable, Maneuverable, Reliable, Works.

Scott
    PoolGuyNJ
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Viking Pool cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by klynch
    We decided on a pressure side cleaner. I was told by a Viking manufacturer representative that an additional booster pump would not be necessary in my case as we have a programmable variable pump.
    If you don't plan on using a booster pump there are a couple of pressure-side cleaners related to those Scott listed that you might want to consider. Whether they will work as optimally as the booster-pump models for you depends on the physical layout of the pool and sufficient pressure at the dedicated cleaner line return. Both cleaners have a pretty good reputation; and both are priced about $550 (at Pool Plaza -- you may be able to beat the price elsewhere.) Tails, too.

Pentair Legend II (LX5000G)

http://www.poolplaza.com/P-LET-20-209.html

Polaris 360

http://www.poolplaza.com/P-POL-20-520.html
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009