Pool Solutions mods help!

ChuckD

Apr 16, 2007
Duanesburg, NY
Sorry for this post, but many of us migrated from Ben's place (and some can't seem to break away) so I hope I can use this forum. I'm having a problem that only one of the mods from there can help with (or maybe not) and it has to do with not being able to do anything but log in, otherwise I wouldn't be asking this here right now. Could one of you contact me?

Thanks.

ChuckD

Poconos said:
I looked at ChuckD's info and I see nothing amiss. He isn't banned or anything else. When you're banned you can't even log on. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Is there any message that he gets when he tries to post or do anything? Something strange did happen in the last day or so with my IE7 browser. Poolforum didn't like something and I couldn't get into certain moderator things. Blowing away all cookies, temp files, and cached pages and everything else IE keeps cured the problem. You may want to post over at TFP and see if anyone else is having similar problems.
Al

aylad said:
Have him try again and see if anything changes.

Janet

Thanks for helping. I tried with IE7 this time, which I've never used for the PoolForum (usually use FireFox). Both browsers give me the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ChuckD, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The only thing I can attribute it to on this end is that I recently changed ISPs and email addresses. I updated that info in my profile. Not sure when exactly, but within the past couple days. Funny that I seem to be able to subscribe to discussions (like the one QM started), but get no email notifications.

OK, just confirmed it. I changed my email address in my profile back to the old one and everything's back to normal.
Let that be a warning to everyone there! I'll follow up over there as well.
Thanks again, and thanks Sean for your patience.

There seem to be problems posting today.

There are problems posting today. It appears to be impossible to create a new topic, and when replying to an existing topic you get an error message, though the post does appear. I am reporting this here since I can't find a way to create a new topic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
error message

Here is the error message I get when I reply...I also tried to start a new thread about this earlier.

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO troublefreepool_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 15869, word_id, 0 FROM troublefreepool_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('numbers', '0', '7', 'alk', 'cya', 'according', 'last', 'pool', 'store', 'reading', 'door', 'away', 'im', 'add', 'chlorine', 'right', 'thanks', 'again')

Line : 251
File : functions_search.php

As you have all stated, we are having isues with the debug error.

Unfortunately, this is over my head as I'm no programmer. However, our Jr. Admin Medvampire (Steve) is going to work on this as soon as he returns from work this evening. I spoke with him on the phone and he thinks he knows what the issue is.

Hopefully it will be a quick fix. We'll keep working on it until it is resolved.

Unfortunately, I can't make a new post to set as an announcement to let everyone know but I did send out a mass e-mail as well.

Thanks for your patience.

Sean

Another clue for debugging the problem. If you try to do a search it says:

Could not obtain matched posts list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1194 Table 'm' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

SELECT m.post_id FROM troublefreepool_search_wordlist w, troublefreepool_search_wordmatch m WHERE w.word_text LIKE 'search' AND m.word_id = w.word_id AND w.word_common <> 1

Line : 346
File : search.php

Nope - still getting:
General Error

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO troublefreepool_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 16048, word_id, 0 FROM troublefreepool_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('heck', 'debug', 'error', 'posted', 'trying', 'using', 'ie7', 'still', 'gosh', 'awful', 'slow', 'scrolling')

Line : 251
File : functions_search.php

Do you suppose it has anything to do with that bad record at the Pool Equipment section?

The last post at the Index has no name and is dated December 31, 1969, when you click it, you get no such record or something like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.