Hello from TX

Sep 11, 2009
Hello to all! I already posted in the pumping station (my current challenge) and look forward to posting photos in backyard oasis ( where do I post for landscaping?). We are new to pool ownership. Just moved to TX from KS. From Google Earth looks like EVERYONE has a pool. So I thought - how hard can it be? Now a bit overwhelmed. Love TFP! And beginning to gain confidence thanks to you guys. Three kids, all in school at the moment :-D Haven't seen the sun for several days now. Needed the rain and needed my salt diluted a bit, but certainly ready for the TX heat to return :cool:
Looking forward to a TFP!!

I think we are having an early Fall this year. I was hoping so since August seemd to come in July with the 100+ temps. So, while the calendar says mid-Sept it really feels like mid-Oct to me now.
So, I am not expecting enough heat to counteract the cooler nights and early mornings we are having.

Normally, here in Houston, we have to wait until the 3rd week of Sept for the first cool front that makes everyone say, "Hey, it looks like we WILL have some Fall weather around here." Then the heat returns for 2 weeks and everyone laments the summer is back. Not this year. I am predicting that the kids will be wearing long pants for Halloween and no one will ride new bikes on Christmas Day in shorts.

What part of Texas are you in? it is a BIG place! Over 800 miles from Beaumont to El Paso.

We are in Murphy, TX which most people refer to as a burb of Plano in the Dallas metro area.
Murphy is only 5 square miles and farms the schooling out to Plano ISD and Wylie ISD which is
my only real issue with the area! Oh and the fire ants and those blasted black birds!

I was looking forward to a long summer, having moved from the Kansas City area!!!