Pool Circulation question

Lora,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all "500" of your questions... :shark:

What you describe is a symptom of a very dirty filter...

What type of filter do you have? And, when was the last time it was backwashed and/or cleaned?

What was the filter pressure when it worked normally, and what is it now?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

sorry i am late seeing this i backwashed it just this past saturday and still is not working and go figure the pressure gauge went out today so i am going to buy a replacement on amazon today. I am running a intex 2800 sand filter in a 18x48 pool. And i dont think it ever worked on filter mode at all :(

- - - Updated - - -

I have been struggling to find out what is going on with it since i got it all put together i think it may have worked for the day. Water is blue and it is a bit cloudy my ph is a little high alk is a little off i ordered one of the big test kits still waiting for it to come. I bought this pool as a tester to see if i could handle a steal sided pool. Right now i have a vinyl sided

Im sure it is right when i take the skimmer hose off you can feel the suction from it and the jet is spitting out water with not much pressure

- - - Updated - - -

Manufactuer rccommended 50lbs of sand i bought the hth per my pool stores recommendations. And it was filled to the proper line.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you recommend for filter cleaning

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.