I used to think Marty was full of it......

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
At least I think it was Marty that at one point I read a post here where he said that he can tell when his pH is off just by looking at the water..... I thought. Yeah, sure buddy, that’s REAL believable. :rolleyes:

Well today day we had everyone over for a Father’s Day cookout.... I was out getting the deck ready, throwing the robot in the pool, lighting charcoal for the smoker, etc and I’m standing there looking at the pool and it just looked, well, off. Kind of dull. I had done my chlorine test and dosed, but hadn’t run a full set of tests in a couple weeks.

Well, open mouth insert foot because 22 oz of 31.45 MA later and my pool is back to sparkling like a diamond like I’m used to.

Im a believer. Sorry I ever doubted you Marty.

What was your pH reading and what did you lower it to? Using pool math it shows for a 13k pool with pH of 8.4, adding 22oz of MA (31.45%) will lower pH to 7.4. Is this in the ballpark? Thanks...

Soo.......what y'all are saying is that high ph can cause water clarity/sparkly issues? How high was it? You know dang well we require test results!

FC 6.0
CC 0.0
pH 8.2 (+ ?)
TA 80
CH 175
CYA 50

- - - Updated - - -

What was your pH reading and what did you lower it to? Using pool math it shows for a 13k pool with pH of 8.4, adding 22oz of MA (31.45%) will lower pH to 7.4. Is this in the ballpark? Thanks...

It tested at 8.2 but I knew it could have been a couple points higher. I targeted 7.4 and eyeballed the suggested addition of 22 oz (I really need to get a good measuring cup)

Ended up at 7.3

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhhh great, now poor Marty has to turn his head sideways to fit through doors.
Next time just send him a blow up pink flamingo or something. :mrgreen:

View attachment 80731

Will this one suffice? :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.