Intex Ultra Frame Owners Please Help!! (Need a measurement)

bigjess007

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2009
Hello everyone, :wave:

Looking for fellow owners of an Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 48 pool (http://www.intexcorp.com/roundultraframe16x48.htm).

I'm trying to level a site for my new pool (to go up next year, but so much site prep needs to be done I'm digging this year). :(

I need an accurate measurement of how wide this pool really is. If you have one of these, can you measure from the the outermost edge of the support frames on one side to it's exact opposite and provide the measurement? I'm trying to figure out if I need 16' 1", 16' 2", 16' 3", etc -- I'm guessing it's not 16' exactly. I'll be making the pad wider, but sloping the edge past the pool border for drainage (I'm against a hill) and need to know pretty close to exact just how much room the pool is going to occupy.

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:

I had the exact same pool for the past 4 years..just took it down 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I can't give you exact measurement since it's down..but I leveled a 17 foot area and had just enough room all the way around.

Hope that helps

Dan

flyweed said:
I had the exact same pool for the past 4 years..just took it down 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I can't give you exact measurement since it's down..but I leveled a 17 foot area and had just enough room all the way around.

Hope that helps

Dan
Thanks! When you say you had just enough room all the way around, are you meaning a small path, or the pool actually extended the whole way to 17' with the support structure?

With the hillside I'm digging in to at this point every extra inch is misery. And with drainage, I'm actually digging the round pad that the pool will actually sit on and then an outer ring of around 2' wide extending past where the pool will actually stop that will slope down away from the actual pool pad to pull water away from the pool. This will be a path around the pool for maintenance and be covered in pea gravel (probably). Under the farthest outer edge of this 'outer ring' will be a french drain type pipe to pull water away, especially all the water that comes rolling down the hill (I'll be sloping the hill down to where this outer ring starts with the french drain on that edge). So thus the need for exact specs as the digging is awful, hard PA clay with LOTS of stupid rock.

Anyone in the south still have theirs up? Thanks again all!

I hear ya. I have clay here in Wisconsin and even for our 16 foot AGP I had a skidsteer come in to dig it..just WAY TOO MUCH for a shovel. The 17' round area I dug put a good 5-6 inches of space all the way around. Maybe a little more.

Dan

circleburner said:
http://faq.intexstore.com/faqsup/pub/FaqSupportServlet?action=openFaq&qid=256

if you havent found the measurements here is a link from the website of all the pool sizes

Ya, both intex's website and the manual say 16'. But I'm sure in the real world, it's a little wider including the framing by a couple of inches. I'm trying to run a border around the actual "pad" the pool is going to sit on so I can immediately slope the walkway around the pool I'm creating down and away from the pool, as I have to dig this out of a hill, so drainage is critical.

Since no one has theirs up anymore I'm just going to have to finish in the spring and deal with the fact the pool may not get up till June/July next year when I'm finished landscaping. Stinks, but well that's they way it is. :(

Pool Jennings said:
I recon it's 15'10"
I feel bad that I never made it back here from last year to say thank you. :oops: So please accept my apologies and I'll say it now, THANK YOU!!

This project, well kinda got put on hold. I finished most of the digging last year, started final leveling earlier this year, but unfortunately can't do the big one this year. So I'm 'hoping' to go with a smaller model intex this year and get to the bigger bad boy next year. HA, atleast the "hole" in the hill is dug, so the little one should fit nicely in the center. :-D

<sigh> what a project. I should post pics. Anyway, thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.