I think I got it!

Jun 17, 2007
Florida
I got frustrated testing twice a day and trying to get the numbers "just so"... I gave up for a few (3) days. Just tested my pool and the numbers are right where they need to be (I believe).

FC 5.04
TC 5.15
PH 7.5
Alk 90
Temp 80

I have never been able to get zero CCs. The pool is old and I don't think I will, but chlorine is stable and ph and Alk are good to go. Last check with pool store, CYA was 40. All is good -- which is good, 'cause we are having our first pool party this weekend!! :-D

That is exactly what I'm using JasonLion. Very perceptive. LaMotte ColorQ. I went with that one because I was having a hard time differentiating between the different shades of yellow.

By the way - he is a she. :wink:

One of these days I'll have the time to get myself a tag line here...

The Mermaid Queen said:
0.11 cc's is good! of course 0 is better , but who's to quibble over a few hundredths!
Maybe boost up your FC a smidge in anticipation of that high bather load!

ETA Forgot to say Have Fun!!

I was thinking about that. I hate to fiddle with the SWG since I've finally got it where it needs to be. How about just tossing some extra chlorine in? If so, how much would I use for such a thing, and how soon before the party should I toss it in? Or would it work to toss it in after the party so there isn't a chlorine smell during the party?

OK, so I'm still learning.. lol

sunsoaker said:
I was thinking about that. I hate to fiddle with the SWG since I've finally got it where it needs to be. How about just tossing some extra chlorine in?

Sure! bleach would be fine. Many folks with SWG's shock with bleach to save their cell, though they rarely have to shock!

If so, how much would I use for such a thing,

Don't know your pool stats, I would up it 1-2 ppm. 1 quart of 6% bleach will raise 10,000 gallons by 1.5ppm

and how soon before the party should I toss it in?Or would it work to toss it in after the party so there isn't a chlorine smell during the party?

I'd give it enough time to mix nicely. There shouldn't be a smell. You are nto bringing it to shock levels If you do it after, you are treating for problems that may have already occurred. If you do it before, you can prevent problems

OK, so I'm still learning.. lol

aren't we all?? :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.