Flapper in skimmer

May 12, 2009
Has anyone ever had the problem with the Flapper thing coming off inside the skimmer.....Mine stays in place when calm, but as soon as people start swimming and making waves, the thing comes off its hinges.....

When I look at the flapper, it does not look worn where it connects to the skimmer, almost as the hinges in the skimmer are worn.....

I've never seen any wear on mine. Sometimes people sand them down to allow free movement, but surely nobody would have sanded the skimmer instead of the weir.

Mine comes off also but just on one side. The channel on that side is loose. My plan is to remove the weir and heat the channel and fix (bend) it around a smaller rod and let it set. I haven't done it yet but that's the plan when it gets bad enough to tick me off real good.

Get yourself a Wonder Weir, made by Purity Pool. Should be able to pick it up at any pool store for <$40.

They're made of styrofoam, and are universal (cut to fit).

They work especially well in systems with low suction/flow, but the dual blade design is awesome. I recommend them to all of my customers when a weir gate issue comes up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.