Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am looking to upgrade my test kit and came across the Lamotte pool managers test kit that uses tablets instead of the liquid reagents. It seems a little easier and the tablets are supposed to last longer in storage. Any opinions on these? I am still leaning towards the TF100. Thanks

It would be fine for routine testing, but it only tests to 10ppm. The FAS/DPD in the TF100 and Taylor K2006 is required for testing shock levels.

I had a tablet DPD (don't rememeber if it was LaMotte) before I had a K-2000. I found the tablets to be a pain compared to drops. Getting the little envelope open and getting the tablet out, then waiting for it to dissolve, Fuhgeddabouddit!! Give me a drop bottle anytime.
Also, chlorine reagents (as opposed to some others) get used up pretty quickly so shelf life of drops is no big concern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.