Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lamotte dpd tablet test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Lamotte dpd tablet test kit

I am looking to upgrade my test kit and came across the Lamotte pool managers test kit that uses tablets instead of the liquid reagents. It seems a little easier and the tablets are supposed to last longer in storage. Any opinions on these? I am still leaning towards the TF100. Thanks
    Michiele
    Newbie pool owner
    25,000 gallon inground, vinyl lined pool, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lamotte dpd tablet test kit

It would be fine for routine testing, but it only tests to 10ppm. The FAS/DPD in the TF100 and Taylor K2006 is required for testing shock levels.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Lamotte dpd tablet test kit

I had a tablet DPD (don't rememeber if it was LaMotte) before I had a K-2000. I found the tablets to be a pain compared to drops. Getting the little envelope open and getting the tablet out, then waiting for it to dissolve, Fuhgeddabouddit!! Give me a drop bottle anytime.
    Also, chlorine reagents (as opposed to some others) get used up pretty quickly so shelf life of drops is no big concern.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.