Tile Above Ground Pool Deck

We are installing an above ground pool, but will be digging it in with retaining walls (so the dirt won't be against the sides, and there will need to be about 2 feet of decking built around the whole pool. Just wondering if we could build a wood deck frame, and then install panels with tiles 2 feet wide and say 8 feet long that would be removable in the event we needed to access the pool? Any suggestions on building decking with removable panels? I've seen the wood tiles, but want something that looks more "built in".

Any advice would be appreciated.

I think it would be impossible to have it get damaged because of the nature of what you want to use it on. Tile on INground structures can even get damage with movement of the ground, but chances are less than anything above the ground by far. It would be interesting to see though - I'd like to see an example somewhere?

techgirl said:
Any suggestions on building decking with removable panels? I've seen the wood tiles, but want something that looks more "built in".
You might want to check out AridDek (see also Wahoo Decks) for an alternative to wood/concrete/tile deck composition. It appears that this solution could be constructed so that some or all sections are removable. Don't know about pricing, however.

Other ideas? Fire retardent MDF panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.