Dolphin Deluxe Starts then Stops!!!

Jun 13, 2017
California
I have a Dolphin 4 (blue/pink/yellow). It is 5 years old and just started having a problem. Trouble free for 5 years!! Now, when I turn it on, it runs for about 90 seconds and then just shuts down, dead in the water. Tried several simple solutions like cleaning out the impellor area and cleaning/washing bag! I have tried to get it going over and over!! Seems to be a somewhat common issue but I see no solutions!!

Any suggestions or recommendations to solve this problem?? Help!! Lee B.

le,

When first turned on the cleaner will go through a self-test cycle.. If the self-test fails it will just shut itself off.

There is not a lot of troubleshooting that you can do... :(

I would make sure the upper fan (suction) motor is turning.. If it get stuck, it will cause the self-test to fail..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Could be any number of things from something stuck in the tracks to a whole motor replacement. No real way of knowing without plugging it into a scanner and reading the codes or blindly start replacing parts. Typically if it makes it as long as 90 seconds it thinks it's out of water for whatever reason which could be an issue with the PCB in the motor or the PCB in the power supply. Like I said though, really hard to tell without the proper equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.