Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Let the wild rumpus start! (new Houston build underway)

1. Back To Top    #81

Re: Let the wild rumpus start! (new Houston build underway)

Quote Originally Posted by jatkinson View Post
    The edge on that travertine waterfall can be easily worked to fix the fall. That's the nice thing with this stuff, it's really soft stone and can be manipulated.
    jatkinson, is there something specific that we should do to the edge? If I remember correctly, it's important to keep the edge squared. I also remember something about creating a groove on the underside and/or using silicone (?). I don't remember the specifics though.
    12.5' x 27' gunite pool with 6' x 6' spa, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP var. speed pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320 cartridge filter, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair Ultra Temp 120 heat pump/chiller, Pentair Amerlite and SpaBrite housing w/PureColors LED bulbs, Pentair Easytouch 4 automation, Air Supply Silencer 1HP spa blower, Doheney's Discovery robotic cleaner, Fastlane current generator, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen w/SS, Classic Light travertine

2. Back To Top    #82

With that rounded edge, the water will want to hug the contour....make it more square, to break the viscosity.

3. Back To Top    #83

The coping has a bullnose, but the stone in the waterway does not. One of the subs did start to round the edge, but my husband noticed and had him stop. So for the most part, that stone is squared off. I’m not sure that we’d be able to get the edge much sharper? That’s why I’m assuming any adjustment would be on the underside, to break the water tension. Is that easy to do when there’s already water in the pool?
    12.5' x 27' gunite pool with 6' x 6' spa, Pentair Intelliflo 3HP var. speed pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320 cartridge filter, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair Ultra Temp 120 heat pump/chiller, Pentair Amerlite and SpaBrite housing w/PureColors LED bulbs, Pentair Easytouch 4 automation, Air Supply Silencer 1HP spa blower, Doheney's Discovery robotic cleaner, Fastlane current generator, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen w/SS, Classic Light travertine

4. Back To Top    #84

If you have a variable speed pump you may want to increase the speed of the pump see if you can get it to move quicker which will help it flow over better. Water will always follow the path of least resistance so any round will cause it to follow that path.

Additionally my spillway is 7ft wide and requires an additional pump that drains from main drain in pool to spa return to flow over.

If you have additional shears you may try shutting those off to see what happens to the flow too.

Josh, IG Approx. 25K Shotcrete "Sort of Sport Pool" with Spa (7ft Spillway) 4-6.5-3.5 Depth | Pumps: Jandy VSSHP27 Epump, Jandy VSFHP165 FLOPRO VS (for Spa Spillway) | SWCG: Jandy Purelink PLC1400 40K, Jandy Aqualink PS6 with IAqualink | Heater: Jandy JXI400N 400k BTU | Filter: Jandy CV580 CV Series Cartridge Filter | Water Feature: 24" CMP Brilliant Colors LED Shear (2)

5. Back To Top    #85

Thanks! Will begin to play around with the equipment settings this weekend once I finish reading all the manuals.

I believe our spillway is approx. 5’, but it’s the only water feature. I did notice that the water coming over the spillway looked impressive when the PB was playing with the valves and pump the other day.

Now that the pool is designed and built, it’s time to figure out how it actually works ��

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345