Hard water

DaHole

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2009
I live in the country and have hard water so over time as I have to add water to my pool it is going to raise the hardness of it. My question is does the BBB Method increase the hardness of water more then anything else or is it the best option...? What are the thoughts on this?

The BBB method doesn't have any effect on the hardness. Chemically, it is no different from other pool care. It just involves knowing more about the water and using cheaper sources of the same chemicals.

Calcium hardness would go up if you use calcium hypochlorite as a chlorine source; no other chlorine source will have any effect on hardness. With very hard water you do need to be extra careful about scaling; you want to check the the CSI value reported by the Pool Calculator.
--paulr

I live in the country and have hard water
Is your water source a well? If so, have you tested for both iron and calcium hardness? What are the results?

As JohnT said, BBB neither adds nor subtracts from any hardness issues but, sooner or later, you will want to know those numbers if you're experienceing water issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.