Builder used too much salt...

SeeGars

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
Okay

So our pool with its new RIver Rok liner was 2 weeks and 2 days old when our contractor decided to dump in 550 pounds of salt. Our pool is probably 10,000 gallons. This is toooo much salt! It was in the water for approx 2 weeks until I bought some test strips and realized his mistake.

My question.... I presume too much salt can stain the new aggregate liner. What will that look like? Our river rok liner does have areas of differing "color" but how do I differentiate the "break in" of the river rok versus areas that may be damaged by his actions?

Any thoughts or photos would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking the same thing in another post he made with pics and then came here and saw he used the word *liner* and then I deleted my message because I *thought* I was wrong.

I think it would help if the OP would clarify his signature by adding his pool surface... :wink:

I should have went with my gut though and left my message.

Sorry?

Does the term "liner" automatically mean vinyl? My original question stated River Rok liner, i.e., river rok is an aggregate "liner". SOrry, didn't mean to confuse. It is an aggregate/plaster ... um... finish? liner? LOL.

Aggregate innerds... :shock: :lol:

I'm sorry but that is just funny! It will do. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PaulR said:
"Liner" pretty much automatically means vinyl, at least around here. What you have is a "finish" or "surface." And for pool-chemistry purposes, it counts as plaster.
--paulr
Understood, and have always used chemistry for aggregate. I simply thought that the term "liner" meant any liner for the pool, i.e., vinyl, aggregate, etc....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.