Adding Borates ... now in Fall or wait until Spring???

If your winterizing procedure includes lowering the water level, you should wait till spring. In Texas, you probably don't do that. If you don't lower the water level for the winter, then now is as good a time as any to add borates.

JasonLion said:
If your winterizing procedure includes lowering the water level, you should wait till spring. In Texas, you probably don't do that. If you don't lower the water level for the winter, then now is as good a time as any to add borates.

Couldn't they just add the borates after they lowered the water? The would let them enjoy the borate's algistat properties all winter and not have to worry about where to store the borax & acid. I am assuming that the weather in TX isn't going to waste any of the water.

frustratedpoolmom said:
If they lower the water they have no way to circulate the chems - then when they add water in the spring they'll have to rebalance and adjust again, spending more time and money.
:oops:
I always forget that most pools don't have infloor cleaners. My lowest return is 6 or 7 feet down, so I just lower the water to below the skimmer & tile work (almost a foot above the highest return).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.