SC-60 union broken

Sep 12, 2009
HI,
Well I just broke a Union on my Supercell SC-60. the cell is still under warranty but probably not warranted aginst stupid. Has anyone had experence in replacing the union? - It is the ring that is used to tighten the union. If it cannot be replaced then can the SC-60 be repaired?
thank you for the help.

IIRC, completely different size than anything available. I think they made them that way on purpose. If you can use what you have and make it work, that will probably be your best bet.

Bruce

If you're familiar with stripping/peeling a fitting, you can replace the whole union and glue a new one onto the cell. Word of caution if you're doing this, make sure you push and glue the union so that the union and the cell are COMPLETELY BUTTED to one another. Any gaps between the two will mean it will not match up.

We also have a union repair kit that is basically removing the union nut, and cutting a new union nut the short way (vertically), then using stainless steel band clamp to keep it together after you've put it back around the union.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.