Spa to pool spillover (does this look right?)

Apr 7, 2008
I've been arguing with my pool builder for over a year about the way our spa spills over to the pool. I don't think it is done correctly. They actually forgot to do until after they had poured the shell. They had to break it up and insert the drain tubes. I think it looks very sloppy. But I searched and couldn't find any pictures of this set-up here or anywhere else online. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• pipes4.jpg
    pipes4.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 41
It looks very industrial, doesn't it? Hard to say whether it detracts from the overall appearance of your pool without seeing a wider-angle photo, however. If you still have some leverage with the pool builder (or even if you don't) and are very unhappy with the result, insist that the builder re-do it -- and this time, BE THERE to supervise! :whip:

It seems that most builders/buyers like wide-mouthed open spa spillovers; but I chose to have one that is under the coping, rectangular, slate lined and only a few inches above the pool water line, so as to be almost obscure and nearly silent. The spillover in the picture you provided resembles a stormwater diversion from a culvert. Ouch!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.