adding a spill over spa the existing inground liner pool

Jul 13, 2009
SO I purchased a fiberglass spillover spa and need to install it.
I need detail discription on how to do it. I installed the my pool myself so the spa should be with in reach. The pool has 4 feet of pour concrete around it. I would like the spa to be raise a foot off of the deck.

Help

Attachments

• images3.JPG
    images3.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 539
  • DSCN1013SMALL.JPG
    DSCN1013SMALL.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAGE010.jpg
    IMAGE010.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 147
Welcome to TFP!!

I've installed dozens of them on liner pools, but I'll need pictures of your pool and proposed installation spot to give you detailed info :) There will still be some guesswork involved on my part because I won't be able to see where the pool panels come together.

You will need to run the pipes back to the filter pad and add some valves so you can have 'spa only' mode, so some pics of the equipment pad will also be needed.

I can and will help you with the install, but need to know your specific set up to answer you properly :cool:

Do the pictures help, I plan on installing the spa on the left side near the middle. The large oak tree is long gone.

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!!

I've installed dozens of them on liner pools, but I'll need pictures of your pool and proposed installation spot to give you detailed info :) There will still be some guesswork involved on my part because I won't be able to see where the pool panels come together.

You will need to run the pipes back to the filter pad and add some valves so you can have 'spa only' mode, so some pics of the equipment pad will also be needed.

I can and will help you with the install, but need to know your specific set up to answer you properly :cool:

It seems straight forward. Cut concrete, dig hole, place spa, connect up plumbing test for leaks and fill in new concrete.

Depending on how many jets you have you may need a second, or bigger pump. Do you have a link to the spa you purchased?

I half-buried a portable spa next to my AG pool and plumbed it together, including two other pumps(three pumps total), and a separate air blower. I use my solar heater array to heat my spa, and it will raise the water to 137* from 90*(forgot to turn it off and it got a bit hot) in one day of full sun. I also have a Homemade HP and spa pack elec. resistance heat to keep it warm. So I know a bit about plumbing up a spa.

Adam

launboy said:
It seems straight forward. Cut concrete, dig hole, place spa, connect up plumbing test for leaks and fill in new concrete.

Depending on how many jets you have you may need a second, or bigger pump. Do you have a link to the spa you purchased?

I half-buried a portable spa next to my AG pool and plumbed it together, including two other pumps(three pumps total), and a separate air blower. I use my solar heater array to heat my spa, and it will raise the water to 137* from 90*(forgot to turn it off and it got a bit hot) in one day of full sun. I also have a Homemade HP and spa pack elec. resistance heat to keep it warm. So I know a bit about plumbing up a spa.

Adam

Can you get the spa heated this way at night? To around 103ish? This is really interesting. I use my heater but I would never have known you could use the solar array to get it that hot. Impressive! :lol:

No heat at night cuz the suns not shining. But on A sunny day my panels get full sun from around 10:00am to about 3:30pm this time of year up here in WI. And on those days I can end up with 110* water without any trouble. We jump in the water as soon as it's less then 107ish because anything hotter is too hot. Thing is I don't have the spas electric heat hooked up yet so the tub slowly cools as we use it. Kind of a timer for when to get out. :lol:

To get past 95* though you need full sun though. My solar will heat make heat on a cloudy day, but it won't get water much past that point without some good sun at the end of the day. If you have better insulation on your spa then I do you'll be even better off. My spa will drop from 100 to 80ish overnight if the air dips into the 50's. Before winter I'm reinsulating the whole thing though, and fixing the foam in half my cover that's partially water logged.

To answer your question though, yes, your solar array should get the water to 103* on a sunny day, and depending on the starting temp, and how many panels you have(I only have three 2x20 panels) you could reach that temp in a fairly short time.

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.